Does GrooveFunnels Host Your Website?
This is a question that I’ve been getting pretty frequently, in the past few weeks, as more and more people are getting into the GrooveFunnels platform. “Does it host your site? I heard it hosts your site for free. Is that right?”
In this post, I’ll be going over whether or not GrooveFunnels hosts your website, and how you can go about getting it done (for free).
Let’s dive right in.
Does GrooveFunnels Host Your Website? YES!
The short answer to this question is:
GrooveFunnels does host your websites for you.
Just like many other website builders (although GrooveFunnels isn’t just a page builder) GrooveFunnels will allow you to host your custom domain, or website, on their servers, so that you can access and use their GroovePages technology to build your own pages.
The difference between GrooveFunnels and other pages builders, and softwares of this kind, is that GrooveFunnels, actually allows you to host up to 3 custom domains, on their Amazon servers, for FREE with their GrooveFunnels base account (which you can get for free here).
That’s right…you get FREE hosting, on up to 3 sites.
There is pretty much no other software company out there at the moment in this space, that is giving its users, direct access to the tool, without having to pay some sort of fee.
Some of the competitors like Builderall, Kartra, Squarespace, Wix.com and others…don’t allow you to use their software, unless you either sign up with your credit card, free trial, or if you’re paying upfront.
This means, that instead of having to buy a hosting plan with the company (or if you’re smart, from actual hosting companies like Namecheap), GrooveFunnels takes that expense, that it would cost you to start
…And decimates it.
Instead of having to pay hundreds of dollars up-front for hosting, you can instead just pay for your domain (on an actual domain registrar) and take it from there. This, then, can cost around $10-$12 per year, which comes down to around $1/month per website.
Even cheaper than before!
How To Host Your Site With GrooveFunnels
Let’s take a look at what the steps are, for you to add your custom domain onto the GrooveFunnels hosting servers.
GrooveFunnels, gives you access to a free SSL certificate, through the site CloudFlare and serves sort of like a “bridge” between your domain, and the GrooveFunnels hosting.
For that reason, we’ll have to direct our domain DNS, to CloudFlare, and then over to GrooveFunnels.
These are the steps:
- Create an account with CloudFlare, and add a new website, and choose the “Free” option.
- Add your site without the “https”.
- After creating your account and adding a free website, you’ll want to copy the DNS records from CloudFlare. The ones called “chuck” and “melinda”, like so.
- Now that you’ve found the DNS, head over to your domain registrar and add custom DNS records to your domain. In my case it would be Namecheap. I’d click on “manage” domain, and modify the DNS.
- Now, simply past the different dns records, and click save, like so.
- Lastly, you’ll want to go back to Cloudflare, and now, you’ll want to host your site on GrooveFunnels hosting (through CloudFlare) by adding the hosting cname: host10.groovepages.com.
- You also want to add an “A” record (by clicking on the “Add records” button, or by editing the A record, if there is one) and add your domain name as the name, and the GrooveFunnels IP as content. The IP is currently, 188.8.131.52, but it might change in the future, so be sure to reach out to support if you’re unable to make it work).
- Save, and test your site. It might take some time to appear, but it should be running in a few minutes.
Hosting Your Site With GrooveFunnels: The Downside…
Since you’ll be hosting your sit on the GrooveFunnels servers, there will be some issues when it comes to a few things that you will and won’t be able to do.
Mainly, you’ll not get access to some of the more popular options, like installing WordPress.
WordPress, is one of the most popular content management systems out there, and is run on somewhere along the lines of a third of the sites created online.
As of the writing of this article, there would be no way for you to run WordPress on your site, while at the same time, hosting it on GrooveFunnels (that I’m aware of. I tried it before, but was unable to get it to work).
You’d have to choose to either:
- Have your site hosted on GrooveFunnels servers, and get access to the GroovePages technology to run your pages, or…
- Choose your domain registrar company (Namecheap, Bluehost, etc) to host your site, and give you access to the Softaculous WordPress install.
That is one of the major downsides that I’ve seen, when it comes to how to host your sites with GrooveFunnels. There are probably a few more, but that is the main one.
I made a comparison article, between WordPress and GrooveFunnels, here, if you’re interested in learning more about that.
So, can GrooveFunnels host your site?
Although you’ll be missing out on some of the features like adding WordPress (might change in the future) you can 100% run your sites on GrooveFunnels through the site CloudFlare.com.
There is pretty much no other company like this, in this space, that is giving out free hosting, and 3 of their tools for free. You’re literally wasting money by NOT using them, and you’ll be getting a ton of value, especially if you’re brand new to going online and getting your sites up.
If you’re interested in trying out the GrooveFunnels platform, you can create a free account here or by clicking on any one of the buttons on this page.
This will give you access to a free GrooveFunnels base account, with GroovePages lite, GrooveSell and GrooveAffiliate, and up to 3 custom domain integrations (hosting), without you even having to add your credit card.
An awesome opportunity, for sure.