If you’ve been doing any sort of work online, building websites, doing email marketing, creating funnels, hosting webinars and so on…you know the importance of getting the best tool that does as much as possible, at the cheapest possible price.
Unfortunately, things have gotten a bit tougher, because what was used to be regarded as the “best all-in-one marketing solution”, has now been taken off guard.
As a customer, you’re in a sticky situation… 😥
Fortunately though, in this GrooveFunnels vs Kartra review, I’ll be going over both of these awesome platforms, as much as possible. I’ll be mentioning price, features, and as much relevant information as I can, to let you know which one is better (I think there is a clear winner).
Table Of Content
What Is GrooveFunnels?
GrooveFunnels is an all-in-one digital marketing platform, that was actually created by the co-founder of Kartra, Mike Filsaime.
GrooveFunnels allows you to do anything from selling your own products hosting your own webinar, creating pages websites doing email marketing, scheduling events and much more
It’s part of the company GrooveDigital, an up-and-coming software, and service company that not only does software solutions, but also has a more “marketing solution” side as well. It has services that manages your ads, copywriting, complete marketing campaigns, and also has other events like masterminds cruises and more.
What Is Kartra?
Kartra is also an all-in-one digital marketing platform that allows you to do very similar things as GrooveFunnels: Build sites, manage leads, track customer actions, email marketing, selling your and other people’s products, integrating complete funnel templates, campaigns and more.
It’s part of the Genesis Digital company, that has been in business for four years has over 40,000 clients and over 100 employees.
It’s also the owner of the software WebinarJame (a separate product solution, within the same company) that is a very renowned and highly used webinar platform, which has done over 500 thousand webinars.
Both of these all-in-one digital marketing platforms, are very similar in terms of features (remember both of them were created by the same person).
In fact…it’s almost easier to show you the differences between them, instead of going through all of the features individually, but I’ll of course be going over everything. 😀
With that said, let’s look at the features:
With GrooveFunnels you’ll be getting access to the following tools:
- GrooveAffiliate: This is their affiliate marketplace and affiliate tool. It allows you to sign up to promote high converting and high-quality products as an affiliate, it allows you to see your commissions, clicks, allows for link tracking and more.
- GrooveMember: This tool allows you to create membership sites that will contain your training, courses, information and content. You can drip-feed, add videos, have unlockable content and more.
- GrooveSell: This tool allows you to sell your own online courses, products and trainings very easily and allows you to integrated checkout pages and forms to your GroovePages. You can also set up affiliate programs, set commissions, set up-sells, have trial plans, set recurring billings, and so on.
- GrooveVideo: Similar to a paid version of Wistia, GrooveVideo is a video hosting tool, that allows you to upload and brand your own videos. You’ll be able to control player control, do behavioral tagging and more.
- GrooveMail: This is the GrooveFunnels version of Aweber or ActiveCampaign. It’s an email autoresponder that allows for behavioral-based email marketing.
- GrooveCalendar: GrooveCalenedar is a calendar scheduling tool that allows you to set up meetings with potential customers, clients, colleagues and the likes.
- GrooveDesk: This is a helpdesk tool that will allow you to deal with tickets, customer issues, complaints and so on, all inside of one dashboard, and connecting and syncing up with the other tools.
- GrooveQuiz and GrooveSurvey: These tools are fairly similar in what they can accomplish, but basically, they’ll allow you to create quizzes and surveys on your GroovePages pages and on your websites.
- GrooveBlog: GrooveBlog will be a blog building platform, that’ll allow you to replace WordPress, and use the power of GroovePages, to blog build.
- GrooveWebinar: This is a webinar hosting platform that’ll be integrated into the platform in 2021, and will allow you to host both automated and live webinars.
Karta has a very similar set of tools, like we were mentioning. These tools are:
- Kartra Checkouts: This is an online sales processing platform/tool that allows you to sell products or services online. With checkouts, order forms credit card and Paypal payment options, and so on.
- Kartra Pages: This refers to their state of the art drag-and-drop page builder, that comes with multiple pre-designed templates and is optimized for mobile.
- Kartra Leads: Kartra leads is an automated lead scoring and tracking system. It allows you to organize and treat leads in different ways, depending on their behaviors like link clicks, email opens, revenue, etc.
- Kartra Forms: These are the email capture pages that allow you to collect leads. They integrate with the Kartra page builder easily too, and can sync up to pretty much any autoresponder out there.
- Kartra Funnels & Campaigns: These are complete campaigns with automation, tags, triggers and more. You can one-click set up these complete campaigns, which will import them into your dashboard. You can also import these from other members or create your own.
- Kartra Mail: Kartra mail, is an email autoresponder, that allows you to send out emails and engage better with your leads. The key feature of this autoresponder, is that it allows for behavioral-based email marketing.
- Kartra Memberships: This is a membership site builder that allows you to create and deliver your courses, content, training material and more, through a membership portal builder.
- Kartra Affiliate Management: The affiliate management, is a tool that allows you to recruit, track and manage affiliates for your products. You can see affiliates, clicks, conversions, commissions, refunds…all the good stuff.
- Kartra Marketplace: The marketplace is a section where you can sell your funnels, softwares, products, services, and also discover what other people are selling, allowing you to become an affiliate of theirs.
- Kartra Videos: Kartra video is a video management app, that allows you to publish and edit the look and feel of your videos, directly into the Kartra pages, keeping your customers and viewers on the page.
- Kartra Helpdesks: The helpdesk is a support and ticket handling portal (and live chat) where you or your team can handle customer issues.
- Kartra Calendars: The calendar allows you to schedule and organize your sessions with customers, clients, colleagues and more. It’s easy to use and integrates with the other tools.
- Kartra Agency: The agency feature allows you to manage clients on your own, from one centralized console. You’ll be able to see accounts, revenue, metrics and other information. You can buy and sell Kartra accounts, charge retainers, manage access and more.
What Are The Main Differences Between Them?
In this section, we’ll be going over the differences between both of the software, or at least the main ones.
- Webinar hosting platform: One of the stand out differences between both platforms, is that GrooveFunnels has a webinar hosting platform whereas Kartra does not. True, it’ll only be available for the $299/month plan and will only be out in late 2021…but the fact remains: A webinar hosting platform is very expensive, and you’ll have access to one in GrooveFunnels, and not in Kartra.
- Technology: So even though both of platforms are extremely powerful and work perfectly well Kartra has a more old-fashioned look and is using an older technology whereas GrooveFunnels is more modern, has a more up to date look and is using newer technology to help page load speeds.
- Novelty: Kartra Has been around for a very long time and has multiple thousands of customers whereas GrooveFunnels is just starting out is still in beta and has a few bugs, and tools that will be ready in a whole year (as of the writing of this article) which is a pretty long time to wait, especially in the software space.
- Complete campaigns: To the extent of my knowledge GrooveFunnels doesn’t allow for these “complete campaign annexes”. There are no one-click integration four completely trackable-to-the-tee campaigns whereas Kartra has this really cool campaign import feature already…which saves a tone of time.
- The affiliate program. The affiliate program for Kartra, is straight up 40% for all affiliates, whereas GrooveFunnels has a 20% commission structure for free affiliates and 40% for paid affiliates and customers.
- Speaking of affiliate programs…as of right now, you have to be qualified to promote Kartra, whereas you can create a free GrooveFunnels affiliate account, without any problems.
Okay, so now, let’s look at the pricing between both of the platforms.
GrooveFunnels has 4 different pricing plans. These are: Base, Silver, Gold and Platinum.
The plans go for a minimum of $99/month all the way up to $299/month and the difference between them is mainly that you’ll get access to more tools on the higher plans, and you’ll also get a commission bump as an affiliate from 20% to 40% on any of the paid plans, versus the base plan.
In each of the paid plans, you’ll get access to 25,000 contacts that you can mail for free and unlimited custom domains, as you can see from the image below.
Kartra has 4 different pricing plans available for its users, fairly similar to GrooveFunnels. These are: Starter, Silver, Gold and Platinum plans.
The price for these, range from $99/month all the way to $499/month, and the main differences between them is the amount of leads you’ll have access to, the amount of emails that you can send out per month, the bandwidth, and the custom domains.
All of the plans have a 25% off if you decide to go with a yearly subscription too, which is pretty nice and takes the cost down a bit, mainly for the starter plan, which is the most popular one. Instead of going for $99/month, you pay $79/month, and so on.
As you can see from the image below, there is mostly a bigger difference from Starter to Silver, than from Silver to Gold or Platinum, but you’ll be taxed by the amount of leads essentially.
A Trial/Free Plan?
GrooveFunnels does not currently have a free trial available to it, as of the writing of this article (it might however have a complete trial of the entire software, at some point in the future).
With that said, GrooveFunnels does allow for a free GrooveFunnels free “Base account” instead.
This account, is actually very very valuable. It’ll give you access to the funnel and page builder GroovePages Lite (up to three websites) the seller platform GrooveSell, and the affiliate dashboard and tool GrooveAffiliate (as well as instant access to promote GrooveFunnels…which Kartra does not allow).
Kartra offers a little more than GrooveFunnels when it comes to free trial options, but for a more limited time.
So as or the writing of this article, Karta offers a $1 free trial, for all of the features for 14 days.
This gives you a chance to actually play around and have full functionality of the software, before you commit to buying it and start using it more seriously, which is nice.
So after all is said and done, and briefly looking over the more important differences between the tools and what you can accomplish with each one…the question arises:
Which is better GrooveFunnels or Kartra?
Personally, I’d say GrooveFunnels. 😁
The fact that the co-founder of Kartra, was under a non compete contract for 2 years, only to go out there and create a better more modern and robust version of Kartra, in such a short period of time, is crazy.
Putting that aside, the fact that GrooveFunnels gives out a FREE account (no “$1 trial”, at least for now) that offers you to host up to 3 custom domains (for free) and use one of their most powerful tools (again…for free) is just mind-boggling.
Sure, it’s not the “whole thing”, but not many companies out there do that.
Even though Kartra is great, it’s a bit hard on the starter entrepreneurs, bloggers and business owners, for this reason. It also looks a bit whacky, a little outdated and a bit out of tune, to be honest.
I mean, the user interface does resemble something out of the 2000’s.
GrooveFunnels on the other hand, is very robust looking and very modern. The page builder technology is off the charts awesome (and no one else out there is using it) the tools are simple to use, and the user interface is great.
When it comes to pricing, the platforms are more or less similar.
GrooveFunnels charges more, for more of the tools (which not everybody will be using) and will give you a fixed amount of subscribers, whereas Kartra will charge you more for a higher amount of leads…but not everyone will be using all of the tools.
For this reason, it makes more sense to buy GrooveFunnels at the Silver level, than it would to buy Kartra at the Silver level (for most people).
To be able to create your online business brand or presence you will need some sort of tool the best tools available on the market are the all-in-one digital marketing platforms that integrate all the tools necessary for you to run your business.
Out of these the top two that I found most relevant are Kartra and GrooveFunnels. But GrooveFunnels vs Kartra…which one is the winner?
- Kartra, has been around for some time and has multiple thousands of customers has all the tools you need at a fairly okay price point (even has a yearly discount) although it’s a bit clunky in a bit outdated Technology.
- GrooveFunnels, on the other hand, it’s one of the newest all in one digital marketing platforms out there. It’s modern, up-to-date, easy and fast to use.
Even though the software is just getting started and has plans to develop tools up until the year 2021…it was still created by one of the co-founders of Kartra who started designing it after the 2-year non-compete contract expired.
Both of the tools are amazing but I would recommend GrooveFunnels.
The free plan gets you access to a lot more than the trial of Kartra will they don’t limit the amount of leads that you can have access to and if you need some of the more advanced tools for more advanced marketers you can upgrade.
Apart from that, the affiliate program is free, they have a lifetime upgrade option available (for a limited time) and it has plans of becoming the top all in one digital marketing platform in 2023, beating out even its brother Kartra.