GrooveFunnels Vs Wix. Which Page Builder Is Better?
There are a myriad of different products and software programs out there, that will allow you to build your own website, and digital marketing “empire” without you needing to go back to school to learn how to do it, and for an extremely reasonable price.
With that said, the problem now becomes…Which option is the best one? Which option, out of all the different offers, platforms and bundles will be the best one?
In this GrooveFunnels Vs Wix post, I’ll be going over the main differences and similarities, between both of these platforms, so that you know which option will be the best one for you to choose, when it comes to building your own presence online.
Let’s first take a look at what these software platforms are all about.
What Is GrooveFunnels?
GrooveFunnels is an all-in-one digital marketing platform, created by the ex co-founder of Kartra, Mike Filsaime. It was made at the end of 2019, as platform to allow you to create everything you want and need, when it comes to digital marketing.
It’s a cluster of 12 or so tools, that interconnect and communicate with one another, and allows you to anything from creating your own digital products, pages, websites, run webinars, do email marketing, host videos…and a lot more.
It’s a lot more modern, cheaper and faster, than some of the other tools out there in the market today, and I’ve extensively written about it elsewhere on my site, as well as compared it to some of its other competitors like, Builderall, ClickFunnels and even WordPress.
What Is Wix?
Wix.com is one of the world’s most well known and most commonly used website building platforms. It was created to be a simple solution for anyone to be able to easily and quickly, set up their own online presence, without the hassles and for cheap.
It was founded in 2006 and hit its first 1 million users, in the first 3 years, growing all the way up to 150 million users in 2019 and has over 180 million as of right now.
Wix allows you not only to create a website, but it also allows you to build logos, build blogs, build your own digital stores for physical and digital products, it allows you to host videos, host music, schedule events and a lot more.
Whether you’re a designer, an artist, an entrepreneur, a restaurant, a coach, a small business owner or whatever it may be, if you’re interested in getting set up online, the Wix website builder has everything you need to create a fully personalized and high-quality websites and online ecosystem.
GrooveFunnels Vs Wix: The Features
GrooveFunnels has a bunch of different features available to you, that would take some time to go over, but some of the main ones include:
- Integrated Email Marketing – GrooveFunnels has its own built-in email automation tool, which allows you to create and send out broadcast emails to your subscribers, it allows you to import lists, create new lists, segment and tag, and also connects with the other tools inside the platform, particularly GroovPages. This tool is called GrooveMail.
- Video Hosting Tool – GrooveFunnels also has its own video hosting tool (GrooveVideo). With it, you can uploads your own videos, see analytics, clicks, minutes watched, you’ll be able to modify player skins, add different CTAs to your videos, and so on.
- Payment Pipeline For Your Digital Products – With the help of the tool GrooveSell, you can create checkout and pricing pipelines, set trials, set recurring billing, offer discounts…and basically set up a complete sales process for you digital products, and basically sell them and deliver them through the platform.
- Affiliate Program Tool – GrooveFunnels also allows you to create your own affiliate program for affiliates of your digital products (with commission structure, refund periods, bonuses, analytics and more) as well as give you a marketplace of other high-quality, high converting products to promote if you yourself want to become an affiliate.
Like I was mentioning before, these are just some of the things you’ll be able to accomplish with the GrooveFunnels platform, but you can do more with other tools, like create and host webinars, create surveys and quizzes, handle support tickets with their helpdesk GrooveDesk tool, create blogs…and much more.
When it comes to Wix, the platform also has a stunning amount of features available to it. Some of the features are the following:
- Wix Website – As we mentioned before, Wix is a website building platform, and as such, it gives you access to some of the main features you’d find elsewhere. These include: Free SSL, free hosting (on their paid plans), custom domain integrations, Wix chat, social tools, and more.
- Wix page editor – This is their main page building tool, which will allow you to choose from over 500 pre-made designer templates, as well as give you the ability to create your own. The tool is powered by the standard “drag-and-drop” technology, and gives you design freedom, effects, mobile optimization, gallery layouts, and personalized SEO plans.
- Wix Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI)– This tool, allows Wix to pre-build and template your site (if you wish it to) basing itself on some of the answers to a few questions it’ll make you. The ADI will select tailor-made content, make an original design that is mobile optimized, SEO friendly, and also give you smart tips on how to modify your website, from thereon out.
- Corvid – Corvid (interesting name) is a Wix exclusive open source app development platform for advanced web application building. This feature is for the more experienced web users, which allows you to accelerate front-end development, modify hundreds of user interface elements and use either integrated databases or external sources.
- Wix Blog – If creating a blog is something you’d like to do, Wix allows you to create and edit beautiful posts, manage and share them on social media, as well as add writers onto your blog, to help it grow.
- Wix Music – If you’re interested in uploading your own, or someone elses music, Wix music let’s you customize your music player. It allows you to showcase your album, tracks and playlists. You can let your fans listen to, buy and download your music (commission fre) as well as see analytics of most downloaded, purcahsed and listent to.
- Wix Store – Wix store, allows you to build your own digital storefront, within the Wix platform, from which you can display and sell your own digital or physical products. You can track orders, add payment methods, add coupons, discounts, product pages and so on. Think of it as a “mini shopify“.
- Wix Video – Wix video, allows you to create manage and customize your own branded channels. It allows for easy uploads of your videos as well as giving you the ability to sell, rent or add a monthly subscription pricing to your videos.
Now these are just some of the features that the platform has to offer, if you’re interested in learning more, you can check out their features page, here.
GrooveFunnels Vs Wix: Pricing
Let’s now look at the different pricing structures and plans for the tools.
When it comes to GrooveFunnels, there are as of this moment, 4 different pricing options and plans. These are:
GrooveFunnels Base Account – This account, is actually 100% FREE, requires no credit card or payment method to use, and gives you access to the tools GroovePages lite, GrooveSell and GrooveAffiliate.
In addition to getting these tools, GrooveFunnels also gives you access to up to 3 custom domain integrations, free of charge, with this plan.
This is an amazing deal, because it means that you don’t have to pay for hosting (which can cost you hundreds of dollars up-front) to use their software on your custom domain, like other companies out there oblige you to do. No more using unprofessional looking subdomains.
Also, you’ll get a free SSL certificate with them, which some companies also charge you to, so that your sites are secure for website visitors and potential customers.
You can get a free GrooveFunnels Base account here.
GrooveFunnels Silver $99/month – This plan, in addition to giving you an upgrade from GroovePages lite, to GroovePages pro (unlimited everything) and also giving you GrooveSell and GrooveAffiliate (in case you don’t have the base plan), also gives you GrooveMail (autoresponder up to 10k leads) GrooveVideo (video hosting tool) and GrooveMember (membership site builder).
GrooveFunnels Gold $199/month – The gold plan, gives you the same tools from the former 2 plans, but also includes GrooveDesk (helpdesk tool) GrooveCalendar (calendar and events tool) and GrooveBlog (a blogging tool similar to WordPress).
GrooveFunnels Platinum $299/month – Finally, the Platinum plan is the most expensive plan, and it gives you all of the tools from the last plans, but also includes GrooveWebinar (for webinar hosting), GrooveSurvey (survey builder) and GrooveQuiz (quiz builder).
When it comes to the Wix pricing plans, there are currently also 4 different ones for the “website” subsection, and 3 different plans for the “business and eCommerce” subsection.
There is also an option for you to test out the Wix platform, for free, for the first 14 days, which you can do by heading over to their site here. You will be asked to add your payment information, so that you can start using the service, once your trial has ended.
With that said, the pricing plans are as follows:
- Connect Domain $5/month – This is the most basic plan, and allows you to get access to the Wix platform, and allows for some basic storage and 1Gb of bandwidth. This plan does have Wix branded ads.
- Combo $9.99/month – This plan gives you a lot more bandwidth and a considerable amount of additional storage (6 times the last plan). You also get $75 in ad vouchers, 1 free domain for a year, 30 minutes of video, and you get to remove the branded Wix ads from your site.
- Unlimited $14/month – The unlimited plan, gives you access to unlimited bandwidth, and pops up the storage to 10Gb. Just like the Combo plan, you get a free domain, an ads voucher and the Wix ads removed from your sites. You get 1 hour of video instead of 30 minutes and you also get a site booster app and video analytics app.
- Vip $28/month – Finally, the VIP plan, gives you the same that the unlimited plan gives you, but ups the storage to 20 gb, and also gives you 2 hours of video instead of 1. In addition, you get priority response, VIP support, a free professional logo and social media logo files.
Business & Ecommerce
The business plans, are for those users that are interested in eCommerce, and selling their own products online, as well as those interested in creating their own branded products, and so on. These plans, differ from the website plans, mainly in the fact that they allow for online payments.
- Business Basic $19.99/month – This plan leaves where the “website VIP” left off. It allows you to get unlimited bandwidth, 20GB of storage, 5 hours of video, $75 ads voucher, free domain, site booster and visitor analytics app. It also allows you to remove the ads, and obviously to connect your domain. It doesn’t give you priority support, however, but it does give you sales analytics and reports, and to accept online payments.
- Business unlimited $29/month – The business unlimited plan, gives you the same as the basic plan, but it gives you 35 GB of storage, and 10 hours of videos, as well as a professional logo and professional eCommerce features.
- Business VIP $41/month – This is the final plan, and it gives you the same features as the Business unlimited plan, but also gives you priority response and VIP support. Finally, it takes the storage amount, to 50 GB and allows you to have unlimited video hours.
GrooveFunnels Vs Wix Conclusion
Alright, so we’re getting to the end of this GrooveFunnels vs Wix post. We’ve mentioned what the software platforms are, what they allow you to do, and how much they cost.
Something that I find a lot of readers have problems with, is actually knowing which of the two options to choose from, even with all this information.
And this is natural, especially if you’re brand new to creating content, websites, and other properties online.
For that reason, I’ll now be going over my personal opinion and recommendation on the GrooveFunnels Vs Wix stand-off.
My recommendation is to do the following:
You should choose GrooveFunnels, if…
You’re interested in diving headfirst into digital marketing and want an all-in-one digital marketing solution, specifically.
If you’re brand new, and are on a budget, since GrooveFunnels gives you access to their page builder, sales platform AND affiliate platform, for free.
Sure, you’ll be limited to only some of the tools, and what you can do with these, and you won’t be able to create blogs, host videos or create a store(like you would even the basic $5/month Wix plan) unless you upgraded…
but already saving on your hosting (which sites like BlueHost will charge you hundreds of dollars upfront for) can be a huge deal, especially in the beginning when you don’t know exactly what to do.
GrooveFunnels can be fairly expensive (especially the gold and platinum plan) and MOST people won’t need these plans, since most people won’t be doing webinars, running support for their own digital products and so on.
You should choose Wix if…
You’re interested in going with an already established company, but digital marketing is not your main focus, and you aren’t particularly interested in learning a new platform and want to go straight for the easiest, most used and most trusted of the two.
Unlike GrooveFunnels, Wix already offers the blog creator, the video hosting, the music hosting and the other tools, even on their most basic plan, however when it comes to what they offer in terms of hosting and how they market their product, they’re definitely not the best.
Wix will promote their product as giving you “free hosting”, “free SSL”, “analytics”, a “customized favicon” and more importantly a “custom domain integration”…
but only on the premium plans.
While that may be true…the average customer doesn’t know…that you can actually get all of these for FREE with GrooveFunnels.
Heck, even using WordPress and a dedicated hosting company like NameCheap, will still cost you a lot less than what Wix offers (around $3/month and you can have up to 3 websites with their plan).
So in a sense, the hosting is not actually free…you’ll be paying for it each month.
Essentially, you should choose GrooveFunnels if you’re on a budget or if you’re going to be taking a more “marketing-esque” approach.
And you should choose Wix, if you want to take the more general and more established route and you don’t want to beat around the bushes.