Helium 10 Black Box Review. All You Need To Know About The Tool.
Product research is an extremely important part of the process of selling products, and if you’re selling products on the Amazon.com platform…it’s not much different.
In this Helium 10 Black Box review, I’ll be going over one of the more powerful product research tools around, the Black Box tool.
We’ll be going over what it is, what it can do, how the different filter systems work and what variables you can filter through, the different sub tools, what it costs, how to get it…and as much information as we can fit into this article as possible, without having it be too long.
With that said, let’s check it out.
What Is Helium 10?
If you’re looking to learn more about the Helium 10 Black Box, chances are that you’re already aware of what the Helium 10 software can do.
In the off chance that you’re not familiar with it, let’s briefly go over what the platform is.
The Helium 10 platform, is an all-in-one solution for all of your Amazon sellers needs.
It’s a software as a service (SAAS) platform, that agglomerates and compiles over 20 different tools, that allow you to do everything from product research, keyword research, email marketing, analytics, sales tracing, optimized product listing for higher rankings, and even some more “out of the box” features like access to coaching, private facebook groups, complete premium Amazon sales courses…amongst a whole bunch of other things.
Helium 10 is one of the most sophisticated, complete and robust all in one solutions for Amazon sellers out there in the marketplace today. It has been around for a long time, and now deals with over 700,000 customers worldwide, and processes well over 1 billion dollars in sales, each month.
If you want to know more about the Helium 10 platform as a whole, be sure to check out this article here, which is my complete and extensive review of the Helium 10 platform. I go over all of the tools, features, pricing options, offers…and pretty much anything else there is to know about the platform.
Helium 10 Black Box Review: What Is The Helium 10 Black Box?
Black Box, is the Helium 10 premium product research tool.
Not only is it a tool that allows you to do product research, but it also includes a set of “mini-tools” inside of it, that has a myriad of different functions.
In this section of the Helium 10 Black Box review, I’ll be going over what each of the tools and sub-tools do separately, as well as the different options you have available to you from within the dashboard.
First off, inside the Black Box main tool, at the top right corner, you’ll have access to the “learn” button which shows you all of the video tutorials of the tools.
To the right of that, you get to choose the different Amazon marketplace you want to be working with, be that Amazon.com, .co.uk, .ca…and so on.
Apart from this, you also have the chance to reset the last search and save and load different projects in case you’ve been working on something before or in case you want to continue with that search in the future.
The Helium 10 Black Box tool, has 5 different sub tools. These are: Products, Keywords, Competitor, Niche and Product Targeting.
This tool allows you to search up from a database of over 500 million different products, and it shows you a set of products that meet the criteria you’re specifying for.
Some of the filters you can choose from are: Different Amazon categories, estimated monthly revenue, a specific price, the number of reviews that product has, the review rating, number of images, type of fulfillment…and a bunch of other criteria.
So for instance, you can choose to have the tool show you a product from within the “appliance” category, that has a minimum price point of $25, that has at least 100 reviews on it and that has the FBA fulfillment criteria, as you can see from the image above.
When you’ve added the filters that you’re happy with, you can then click on the “search” button, which will look up all the information of all of the products that meet the criteria.
As you can see from the next image, for my specific search I got 124 products that fit that criteria, and here I can see everything from the number of images, weight, dimension, number of sellers, price, monthly sales review, variation counts, sales trends, price trends and a whole bunch of other information. I can then filter out this information through whichever variable I want, from lowest to highest, and export the information in CSV file.
A really cool feature of the Helium 10 Black box, is that inside of the search results (apart from being able to get a bunch of information) you can do things like click on the image of the product to check out the product on Amazon, click on the price to see price history, on the review to see review history, and on the BSR to see the BSR history.
It’s a very interesting feature, and it really adds a lot of depth to the tool.
Keywords, Competitors, Niche and Product Targeting
These options (tabs) are essentially the same targeting options that you’ll find available to you in the product tab, except that you’ll be able to change the main filter.
So for example, in the case of the products, the main filter was product category.
- Well, in the case of keywords, the main filter will be monthly search volume.
- In the case of the competitors tab, you can add an ASIN number for a competitor product.
- For the niche tab, you’ll be able to add a specific phrase, and make use of the Helium 10 database results. So you can add something like “coffin box”, “kitchen utensils”, “table cloth”, and so on.
- Finally, for product targeting, you can add an ASIN number, and the products you’ll get in return, are a set of products that have either been advertised on that ASIN number, bought together with it, or recommended by Amazon alongside it. This will give you an idea of how to cross-sell products, and how to maximize the efficiency of your sponsored ads.
Regardless of tab or option you want to choose, you’ll be able to later filer, and advance filter through the results, for the other variables like price, weight, number of images…and so on.
Helium 10 Black Box Pricing
At this section of our Helium 10 black box review, let’s talk about the pricing.
When it comes to pricing of this tool, there are currently a few different options you can choose from.
- Helium 10 Free Account: The first option, is to get access to a 100% free Helium 10 account. This will give you access to the Helium 10 Black Box, as well as every other tool on the software platform (Frankenstein, Cerebro, Misspelinator…etc) at a base level. In the case of the Helium 10 Black Box, you’ll be able to use the tool, for a maximum of 20 searches per month, after which you’ll either have to wait for the limit to renew, or you’ll have to choose a paid option.
- Helium 10 A La Carte Option: The Helium 10 a la carte option, allows you to get access to some of the tools within the software, without having to purchase all of them at the same time. In the case of the Helium 10 Black Box, the a la carte option, will cost you $37/month, for unlimited use. The Black Box tool is extremely powerful, and if you feel you’ll get a good use out of the tool, but don’t actually need any of the other tools, then this option is a great deal.
- Helium 10 Complete Paid Plans: Helium 10 also has the more standard paid plans, which are Helium 10 Platinum, Diamond and Elite. These plans cost $97/month, $197/month and $397/month respectively, and all give you access to the Black Box tool, at an unlimited usage. Of course, some features will be available only for the Platinum plan, others only for the Diamond plan, and others only in the Elite plan…so be sure to go through all of the offers, at your own pace. If these plans seem like a good idea, you can get a huge discount with our coupon code.
Helium 10 Black Box Review Conclusion.
That would be the end of this Helium 10 Black Box review. Hopefully we’ve covered as much as possible, and you’re aware of what you can do with it.
The Helium 10 Black Box is a very powerful tool, that allows you to look for potential products to sell, spy on the competition, filter out products that are selling at a rapid pace but have a very few seller amount, further filter down listings for particular words (or absence thereof)…and basically engineer a situation where you’ll be advantaged to see the hidden opportunities and get a huge leg-up on your competition.
You can try the Helium 10 Black Box for free for up to 20 searches per month, get it for a super cheap $37/month price by choosing it as an a la carte option, or get it, and every single other tool in the platform, by choosing any one of the paid plan. For the paid plans, you can make use of our exclusive 50% and/or 10% coupon code, to cheapen the cost down.
If you’re interested in learning more about the Helium 10 platform, you can check out our complete Helium 10 review article here.