Are you an Amazon seller that would like a tool to help you sell even more? It’s high time for you to check out Helium 10, namely their 100% free Chrome Extension.
And what is the Helium 10 chrome extension? Well. this article is designed to provide you some basic information about the extension, what it does and why it’s a necessity to have in your arsenal.
What Is Helium 10 Chrome Extension?
The Helium 10 chrome extension, is a free plugin style tool, that the creators of the Helium 10 platform have devised to connect with your chrome browser specifically so that you can use some of the features of the platform while you’re surfing the web.
This is a great way for you to track search term rankings, find products that will turn a profit, see what competitors are doing and make keyword research easy.
It is a clean and user-friendly interface that effortlessly works with your Amazon browsing session and integrates like a dream. It shows you competitive information as you peruse seller listings and pages. It also works in five different European Amazon marketplaces, as well as the USA and Canada marketplaces.
It’s also, currently the most downloaded and used Amazon tool chrome extension on the market, with over 400,000 downloads.
Getting the extension set up and running on your browser, is super easy and can take just a few minutes.
Simply start by opening Google Chrome. Then head to the extension’s page by clicking here. On that page, make sure you see the title that reads “Helium 10” and the Helium 10 image. Click the button that says, “Add to Chrome.”
From there, you can use all the helpful tools associated with this great program, which we discuss below.
Helium 10 Chrome Extension. What Can It Do?
Let’s now look at the 5 different tools that you’ll be able to get with the Helium 10 chrome extension, and what each of them allow you to do.
The website, actually has tutorial videos on each and every single one of the tools within the extension, if you’re interested to learn more about them or if you just prefer a video version instead of written. You can also check out some of the videos on this article, which also go over the tools, to some degree.
The 5 different tools that the Helium 10 chrome extension gives you access to are:
- Review Insights: At warp speed, you will gather your competitor’s customer feedback in a single fast export that brings out valuable insight from customers that helps you position your product for selling. Another cool thing that you can do, is see the amount of words that are being used most frequently in the review, to see how to optimize your listings.
- Inventory Levels: The inventory tool, helps you stay ahead of the competition, see how many of a product other sellers have. If you’re a wholesaler, it allows you to keep an eye out for pricing react accordingly.
- Profitability Calculator: The Profitability Calculator, is a tool that helps you see how much you could potentially earn from selling a similar product, to the one you’re researching. The tool shows you in real-time, the sizes, stock fees, shipping fees, and profit (amongst other things) and allows you to play around with the variables, and estimate the chances of your own product being profitable, by using these metrics. This tool works only on 1 specific ASIN (you must be on a product page to see the tool in action)
- Asin Grabber: This helps you get a more clarified image of your product’s competitiveness. It helps you view competitive analysis of ASINs related to yours, see top sellers, and much more with just a single click. The tool takes into consideration up to 100 ASINs, and shows you the data of all of these (this includes products from the first, second and parts of the third page of Amazon, for that search).
- X-Ray: This helps you see competitor data in a hurry. You will see sales trends, estimates for product revenue, estimated sales, type of fulfillment, payouts, average reviews, categories and more, for the different ASINs you’re interested in learning about.
- EXTRA: Listing Evaluator Tool: This tool is actually integrated into each of the searches that you make, and provides a technical checklist for product optimization. This helps you unearth your competitor’s rankings and listing, using a cumulative listing score or figure out areas where you can improve. Some of the variables for an optimized listing, includes: Review, title, bullet points, descriptions, ratings and number of images.
Helium 10 Chrome Extension Top Feature.
Earlier, we mentioned a brief list of all the great things you can look forward to when you use this extension.
For brevity’s sake, we won’t go into too much detail about each one, but we can offer information on what we feel is the most valuable part of this extension.
For us, it is the “Listing Score” at the top of the left-hand side of the page- it ranks how well a product is listed using a scale of 10.
For example, the number of images a product has, matters, and you can see that with this extension. Seven is the magic number for optimized Amazon product listing, and if you’ve got a white background on the images…better yet. It even shows you image size, which also matters- you need to show product details if you expect your item to sell.
It also shows you information about listing text and offers you advice about how to beef up your own listings.
After all…if you don’t have an optimized listing, then nobody is going to see your product and you’ll not be making any sales. And that is not something any Amazon seller, is interested in.
So for example, a good listing optimization, as we mentioned a bit when we talked about the tools, include: bullet points of five bullets or more, a 1000 or more characters product description is best (remember to have the keyword and phrase optimized too! You can do this with the Scribbles tool) and, 150 characters or longer is ideal for the title of your product.
The score of a product goes up based on its favorable reviews and how many sales it has made.
Helpful widgets for search pages are also part of this extension. Now that you have access to ASINs, product rankings, and more, you can use that data to your advantage with a listing widget.
These widgets work to run helpful parts of the Chrome extension on specific product pages. In the tutorial, the trainer Bradley clicks on a nutrition supplement and is able to see keywords, import the product info to Scribbles (the listing optimizer) and even utilize the Profitability Calculator.
He is also able to see the BSR rank and the price history of that particular product. You can view this history for 24 hours, one week, 30 days, 90 days, and all-time if you would like.
You are also able to see things like item weight and dimensions as well.
All of this helpful information comes up for you automatically- all you have to do is have the extension installed.
As sellers, we know the business world never slows down. So, if a glitch happens or the extension stops working, rest assured Helium 10 is on it. They’re always on the lookout for disruptions and changes, which can affect a user’s experience, and work quickly to ensure that a fix is sent out immediately.
They also offer a stellar customer support team in the event that you run into trouble and have great troubleshooting tutorials on their site, that walk you through possible fixes you can do yourself.
That would conclude this post on the question of what is Helium 10 Chrome extension.
As you can see, the Helium 10 chrome extension allows you to do a ton of things, is the top-rated and most downloaded Amazon seller chrome plugin on the planet right now, and is 100% free. It’s obviously one that we highly recommend.
It allows you to do things like spy on the competition, see how the pricing of different products changed with time, see sales trends, look at inventory, study the top products in a specific category and even calculate things like how profitable a specific product could be, if you were to sell one of your own…amongst other things.
We highly recommend heading over to the Helium 10 website as soon as you can to learn more about this amazing extension and to see all the great training videos about it, too.
It’s a non-intrusive extension that runs quietly in the background but offers endless insight, so it’s definitely not something that you’ll want to miss out on.
If you want to learn more about the Helium 10 platform, we’ve created a complete Helium 10 review article here.