Not all software programs for online businesses are the same. Each program is built to serve a specific purpose, and thus, help you deal with specific issues, depending on what your business is.
Some softwares are built as an “all in one” marketing solution, but are focused more on selling digital products…and others are built specifically for physical product selling and e-com stores,
Two of the most popular options for online entrepreneurs today are Shopify and GrooveFunnels. In this GrooveFunnels vs Shopify review I’ll be going over as much as I can when it comes to both of them, so that you get to see the differences between them, and then decide which one fits your business better.
What Is GrooveFunnels?
GrooveFunnels, is an all-in-one digital marketing platform, that is centered around the funnel and website builder tool GroovePages.
So essentially, what GrooveFunnels allows you to do, is create complete, fast-loading, modern, fully functional and stunning-looking websites and funnels, from scratch or by using integrated done for you templates.
Even though the platform allows you to create membership sites, do email marketing, schedule events and meetups, create blogs, sell your digital products online, and sign up to promote other people products (amongst other things), its most powerful and main tool, is the page and funnel builder.
A “funnel” is typically a website with a few pages (1 to 5) which helps you convert your visitors into sales (or make them take a specific action, you want them to take), a lot better than most websites do, because it’s distraction-free, and limit the visitor’s options.
What Is Shopify?
Shopify is a very popular online, e-commerce store building platform.
With Shopify, you can create your own store, with your own domain name, and display, add pricing to, and sell your own products (or someone else’s) very easily.
Shopify is based on the WordPress technology, (sort of like a WordPress plugin, but more powerful) and you can use it to build themes, and create a storefront of the site as well as the backend.
So basically, you’re in control of the layouts and display, product galleries, images, pricing, shipping prices, discount codes, timers, badges…and anything else you can think of, without having to know any computer programming at all or coding.
The platform allows you to create shipping regions, charge payments, upload your own products, create your own categories, and so much more, and is extremely intuitive to use (and it’s even easier if you’ve got some experience with WordPress).
There is no need to integrate applications or plug-ins to make it work, but you have the option to do so if you want more functionalities.
What Can You Do With GrooveFunnels?
Let’s first take a look at what GrooveFunnels allows you to do.
- Landing pages and websites – As we mentioned before, GrooveFunnels is a great tool for creating your landing pages and websites, either on your own, or by using premade templates. The pages look absolutely like nothing else out there, they’re SEO optimized, load fast and look amazing.
- Checkout and sales process – When it comes to selling your product, GrooveFunnels allows you to create a complete checkout page process. It allows you to set pricing, upsells, downsells, coupons, trials, recurring billing options, payment options, see customers and leads, cart abandons, revenue…and even keep track of sales taxes.
- Create an affiliate program – If you want to take advantage of affiliate marketers, GrooveFunnels allows you can create an affiliate program where they can sign up to promote your product for you. The system will generate links for them, and you can also track their performance from your dashboard. You can set the commission structure, offer bumps, refund period, automatic payments and more.
As you might have noticed, GrooveFunnels is not geared towards physical product selling, so much as it is for digital products selling. It’s not a store builder, but you can still upload ulimited digital products of your own into the system and sell them.
With that said, the company that created GrooveFunnels, does have an option for physical product sales, called GrooveKart. It’s a stand-alone product, and not part of the GrooveFunnels suite, buy you can get a complete store, for free for lifetime, by signing up to a GrooveFunnels lifetime account, here (very limited offer).
Apart from this, they also will be creating, very shortly, a GroovePages for Shopify plugin, which will allow you to create the amazing GrooveFunnels pages, on the Shopify platform, which will help you create funnels that sky-rocket your conversions, and can hugely increase your average customer value.
GrooveFunnels also has a bunch of other tools inside its platform, that you might find useful.
You have an integrated autoresponder called GrooveMail, which allows you to create a customers list through opt-in forms that you can have on your GroovePages pages. Their email address will be put on a list, and you can use that list for your email marketing strategies.
You get GrooveMember, for membership site building, GrooveVideo, which allows you to host your own videos, and customize them.
There are also a few other tools coming in the future (they’re not out yet as of the writing of this article) like GrooveWebinar (webinar builder), GrooveBlog (allows you to create your own WordPress style blog) GrooveCalendar (schedule calendar events) GrooveQuiz and GrooveSurvey (allows you to create quizzes and surveys) and more.
The platform also gives you up to 3 custom domain integrations for free, (free hosting) and actually gives you the affiliate tool, the seller platform, and a light version of the page builder for free. Which is awesome.
Many funnel builders today require lots of integration with other programs. Most of these programs are not compatible with one another, and what you get in the end…is something that can be pretty clunky.
GrooveFunnels, on the other hand, is a complete sales funnel and marketing system, and the beauty of this is that all its systems work cohesively with one another because they are built by the same company.
What Can You Do With Shopify?
Let’s look at what we can do with the Shopify platform:
- Create a complete online store – Shopify has the most complete e-commerce site building technology out there. After creating your account, you’ll be given a default theme and layout of your store. From there, you can do everything from customizing your storefront, adding products, setting prices, product descriptions, shipping discounts, create giftcards, upload unlimited products, create giveaways and have access to the Shopify app store, which has literally thousands of tools (scarcity bars, pop-ups, social proof, etc) that other companies have created to help you sell your products.
- Cart and checkout – All your products have a default add-to-cart button. Once clicked, the customer will be taken to checkout. The payment processor depends on the one that you picked during the set-up process. By default, the payment system is Shopify itself.
- Pages and blogs – You can add as many pages to your site as you want. Shopify, is built using the WordPress framework after all, and because of this, you’ll have near infinite flexibility when it comes to creating your T&C, Privacy, Shipping, Refunds, etc. The platform also has a default blog section where you can publish your posts to improve your SEO results and get organic traffic to your product listings, which is extremely important, and not necessarily a main-stay, in many other e-com store building softwares.
These are just a few of the different things you can do with Shopify.
But in addition to these, you also get a complete back-office section, in which you’ll be able to see the orders that your store has processed, the revenue of these orders, shipped orders, pending shipping orders, reports, a customer and subscriber list, discounts and coupon codes you’ve created, the apps that you have active on your store, and much more.
Shopify is an all-in-one platform for building an online retail store. However, it is not the best platform for building a sales funnel, in particular.
Having created my own Shopify store, some years ago, without having a good way of converting customers to sales (aka a funnel) and wasting tons of money in the process…I would highly recommend a funnel builder like GrooveFunnels and the pages you can create with GroovePages, so as to maximize your profits, and to keep your store from dying, like mine did.
GrooveFunnels Vs Shopify: The Pricing
Up until this point, we’ve seen the main differences between both platforms:
GrooveFunnels is an all in one digital marketing platform, that is great for creating sales funnels and websites for digital products (which you can deliver through their integrated email autoresponder GrooveMail), but isn’t the best when it comes to selling physical products. It simply wasn’t built with that function in mind (hence why they created GrooveKart).
Shopify, on the other hand is the most complete e-com store building platform out there. It’s great for creating an amazing looking store, and having complete control over pricing, orders, customer contact, revenue, layout, shipping details…and pretty much anything else you need, to have a successful store running. Unfortunately, typical websites don’t convert very well, and thus you’ll need some sort of tool to increase conversions, like a funnel builder and an email autoresponder, to increase sales.
With that said, let’s look at the pricing for each of these offers.
GrooveFunnels, currently has a few different plans:
- Base account: This is a FREE account, which gives you access to GroovePages lite (up to 3 custom domain integrations with FREE hosting), GrooveSell (to create your digital product checkout pages) and GrooveAffiliate. You can get a Free GrooveFunnels Account Here. You can test out the GrooveFunnels page builder, without even adding your credit card.
- Silver – Costs $99/month, and includes GrooveMail (up to 10,000 contacts) GrooveMember, GrooveVideo and upgrades your GroovePages lite to Pro (also includes GrooveAffiliate and GrooveSell of course). You can also have unlimited custom domains with this plan.
- Gold – Costs $199/month. This plan, includes all of the tools of the former plan, but also includes more tools like GrooveBlog, GrooveDesk, GrooveQuiz, GrooveCalendar and GrooveSurvey.
- Platinum – Costs $199/month. This is the more premium version of GrooveFunnels, and in addition to giving you access to all of the former tools, also gives you GrooveWebinar (live and automated) and GroovePages for Shopify (accessible through the Shopify appstore). This plan is only for the more professional and bigger businesses, as it is quite expensive.
Shopify comes in three plans. These plans are called Basic, Shopify, and Advanced.
- Basic – costs $29/month; at this price point, you can build a fully functional store. You’ll have access to everything that you need, and unless you’re selling a lot of products, this is the option I would recommend, especially for beginners.
- Shopify – costs $79/month; you get everything that is on the Basic plan, but you have extra features, such as increased staff accounts and lesser credit card fees, when it comes to processing your sales through Shopify.
- Advanced – costs $299/month; this plan is great for big businesses. With this plan, you can get up to 74% discount on shipping and the lowest transaction fees. You also get some fringe benefits like, being able to sell your products in up to 5 different languages, an advanced report builder and third-party calculated shipping rates.
Like I was mentioning, if you are just starting out, you should certainly select the Basic plan. This has all the features you need to build an online store.
They also have a 14 day free trial available, so that you can try out the platform for free, without having to add your credit card.
Summary: GrooveFunnels vs Shopify
Alright, so that would be the conclusion of this GrooveFunnels vs Shopify review. I hope that it was useful.
But let’s see if we can come to a general conclusion, of which of the platforms you’d be better off using:
- If you want to build a store for mostly physical products then choose Shopify.
Shopify is great for those who are in the retail business, like dropshipping stores, print on demand stores and so on. The Basic plan is more than enough for you to start selling (although you’ll most likely need some paid tools from the app store) and it has everything you need.
All you really need, it to buy your store domain name, and you’re good to go.
- If you want an all in one digital marketing platform, or want to sell digital products either as a product creator or an affiliate, I would recommend getting GrooveFunnels.
GrooveFunnels allows you to create websites, funnel and products on your own, and even has a separate e-commerce software all together called GrooveKart (which you can actually get here by getting the GrooveFunnels platinum lifetime offer).
I’ve extensively written about GrooveFunnels on my site. It’s one of the best software that I’ve seen in years (bought it myself) and if you’re doing anything online, other than selling physicals, it’s the best and cheapest option out there by far.
GrooveFunnels also offers a completely free account, for you to test out the product. You can get it by clicking here, or on any of the buttons on this page. There is no credit card required, and you can host up to 3 custom domains for free.