GrooveFunnels and DropFunnels, have been some of the most exciting and most successful digital marketing tools, that have recently come out, exeeding a lot of peoples expectations.
For this reason, and because I know some people will be looking to learn more about the similarities and differences between them, I’ve decided to write this GrooveFunnels Vs DropFunnels article, and to try to give out as much info on each of them as possible.
As such, we’ll be looking at everything from what these softwares are, what they do, how much they cost, and which one I would personally recommend (I’m very biased towards one of the two, but we’ll be mentioning that, later on).
Let’s check it out! 😀
GrooveFunnels Vs DropFunnels: What Are They?
As you might be aware, by just looking at the names of each of the softwares…there is obviously something “funnel” related going on here. And that is because they’re both online sales funnel building softwares (although GrooveFunnels is a bit more generic, but we’ll talk about that in a bit).
Today, the biggest, and most well-known sales funnel software company out there, is ClickFunnels, which is considered the “category king”, the pioneer, the longest-lasting software of it’s kind, and from where the others have based their name on.
It is also probably the best option out there when it comes to funnel building, by default.
However, it’s rather expensive, as it is priced at $99 per month for the cheapest plan (which will not take you too far if you’re serious about your online business) and at $297/month for their more premium option, which is not something any new affiliate marketer or beginner entrepreneurs will be likely to afford.
With that said, Both GrooveFunnels and DropFunnels can do a very similar function as ClickFunnels, and are thus an awesome substitute for it.
- GrooveFunnels is more of an “all in one” digital marketing software, comparable to something like Kartra or Builderall. It’s doesn’t just have a funnel builder tool, but it instead includes a whole array of different applications, you can use for a variety of functions.
- DropFunnels, is a more simple landing page, website front-end and funnel building software, that works on the back of the WordPress platform. By working on the already popular WordPress platform, instead of creating a complete backend tool, they leverage the already working WordPress SEO, speed and familiar, to streamline the building process.
With either GrooveFunnels or DropFunnels, you’ll be able to create things like:
- Landing pages and complete funnel silos.
- Opt-in page that are battle-tested and scientifically proven to convert.
- Complete from a-to-z shopping cart and checkout system pipeline.
And a bunch more things…
Let’s look at some of the different features between both GrooveFunnels and DropFunnels.
First off, just to mention that I’ve extensively covered the GrooveFunnels tool throughout this website just because of how good I think it is (it’s my recommendation).
As such, I’ve gone over all the different tools, the pricing points, the affiliate program and many of the different features of the software. So even if there are a bunch more features and tools that it gives you access to, like a blog builder, helpdesk feature and a webinar hosting platform…
I’ll just be mentioning some of the more basic and more sough-after features of GrooveFunnels, when compared to DropFunnels. These features include:
- Website and Landing Page builder– GrooveFunnels allows you to build landing pages and complete websites (with the help of GroovePages) from scratch of with pre made, award-winning designer templates, to make the process easier for you.
- Integrated Autoresponder – GrooveFunnels also gives you access to a complete integrated autoresponder (GrooveMail) which allows you to create automatic responses, broadcasts, lists, sequences and more. The great thing here, is that it integrates with the rest of the platform, and thus you’ll not need to buy and independent email marketing platform.
- Affiliate Marketing Tool– If you want marketers to promote your products (or if you want to become an affiliate for other people’s products), you can use the GrooveAffiliate tool. With this, you can ask them to sign up for your affiliate program. You can set the commission percentage, and then track their affiliate performance.
- Membership Site – if you publish regular content, or if you want to create something more of a community, you can turn the end of your funnel into a membership platform. You can restrict your content to paying members, and also create different levels of membership,
These are just some of the main features of GrooveFunnels, which will allow you to create your site, your pages and sales pages, and will allow you to both create, price and deliver your digital products.
Like I was mentioning, GrooveFunnels has a lot more tools, and is going to be adding things like a webinar platform, a blog builder like WordPress, a developers kit for people to create their own tools, a helpdesk tool and a lot more. Read my review of GrooveFunnels if you are interested in more information.
Alright, now let’s look at DropFunnels.
DropFunnels is a little less robust and a little less flexible in what it can do, when compared to GrooveFunnels, but it’s also not staying behind! Here are some of the features of DropFunnels:
- Unlimited Pages and Courses – DropFunnels, as opposed to some of the bigger software out there, actually allow you to have unlimited pages, blog posts, courses and memberships, from the getgo and on all the plans.
- Powerful SEO Blogging Platform – The DropFunnels system already has a blogging system baked into it, which is the WordPress platform. This is extremely important when it comes to SEO, since Google does like WordPress based sites, it’s easier to optimize and they do rank very well.
- Industry Leading Page Speed – Since DropFunnels hosts your website for you, they are committed to using high-quality servers that have fast response times. This is absolutely crucial in today’s day and age, because it helps reduce bounce rate which keeps your high rankings in Google and keep your customers on your pages.
- Custom Checkouts with 1 Click Upsells – DropFunnels also allows you to create a complete checkout process for your digital products. other funnel systems, you do not have to choose a checkout plug-in as it is already embedded in the software. Of course, you can set everything up, with its integrated drag-n-drop builder tool.
As you can see, the main focus of DropFunnels, is to keep things simple and to leverage one of the most popular website building backbones on the planet.
This is actually really smart, in my opinion, because it doesn’t force people to have to get used to a new back-office, every single time, and they also didn’t run the risk of “things not working out”, because they decided to create all the software, from the ground up.
What I like about DropFunnels is that it offers a 14-day free trial. In this trial, you can use all the features of the tool. By the time your trial expires, you have to start paying the monthly fee to continue using the software, and you’ll have to add your payment information, to be able to do so.
While DropFunnels is not free, it’s a great substitute for, and can rival popular software programs like Kajabi, ClickFunnels, InstaPages, Cartflow and others. With that said though, DropFunnels is recommended for smaller businesses, that are doing around $5,000/month in revenue. So it’s for sure something to keep in mind.
GrooveFunnels Vs DropFunnels Pricing
Alrighty, now that we’ve very briefly gone over the different features of each of the platforms, let’s look at the different pricing plans and options between them.
GrooveFUnnels currently has 4 different pricing points. The GrooveFunnels Base, GrooveFunnels Silver, GrooveFunnels Gold and GrooveFunnels Platinum.
The GrooveFunnels base account, is a free account that you can get here, which gives you the page builder GroovePages (lite version) the sales platform builder GrooveSell, and the affiliate program builder GrooveAffiliate, as well as giving you up to 3 custom domain integrations (no crazy subdomains…they straight out host 3 sites for you for free) with a free SSL certificate…
Without you having to give out any payment information at all…
With that said, you won’t get tools like the autoresponder, the video hosting or membership platform builder, on the free plan. To be able to access those tools, you’ll need to upgrade to the paid plans.
The other price points are:
- GrooveFunnels Silver – Costs $99 a month, but you will get access to the email autoresponder GrooveMail, with up to 10,000 contacts. You’ll also get GrooveMember (membership site builder) and GrooveVideo (video hosting tool) included.
- GrooveFunnels Gold – Costs $199 per month. This plan offers will get everything from the first two plans, but you will also get GrooveBlog, GrooveDesk and GrooveCalendar (a blog building platform, a helpdesk feature and a calendar scheduling tool, respectively).
- GrooveFunnels Platinum – This plan cost $299/month, and includes everything from the other 3 plans, but also includes GrooveQuiz, GrooveSurvey, GrooveWebinar (a quiz, survey and webinar builder respectively) and GroovePages for Shopify (for e-commerce page building).
Take note that the free plan does not give you access to all the features. However, it should be enough for you to get started and build a funnel that works. It is completely up to you to upgrade later.
Also, some of the tools, aren’t available as of the writing of this article, and you might have to wait some time to access them. This is because GrooveFunnels is currently in beta. You can actually get a lifetime account, for a one time price here, instead of paying monthly.
DropFunnels has a different pricing structure, and a much more simple one at that. This is because, regardless of the plans you choose, you will have access to all the features and all of the tools. The only difference, is that the traffic you’ll be able to send to your pages, will be limited, depending on the plan you’ve chosen.
There are only three plans to choose from. These are Starter, Pro and the Agency.
- Starter – costs $49 per month. You get all of the tools, but your limit is 10,000 visitors per month.
- Pro – costs $149 per month. Your site traffic is limited to 150,000 visitors per month.
- Agency – costs $297 per month. This plan is best for digital marketing agencies that create funnels for their clients. With this plan, you’ll also be able to have up to 10 custom domains per user login.
Both the Starter and Pro plans allow you to build only one funnel. The Agency plan has a limit of ten starter sites.
GrooveFunnels Vs DropFunnels: PROS & CONS
Finally, I wanted to go over some bullet points, when it comes to pros and cons of both the software, because I think it’s pretty important.
Please take into consideration that, these are my own opinions on the matter, and what I believe are the pros and cons of each of them, personally. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and these are just my own.
- Free GrooveFunnels account gives you the page builder, affiliate and sales tool plus 3 custom domains hosting for FREE (actually for free).
- A lot more flexibility and tools, since it’s an all-in-one solution (email marketing with up to 10k subscribers on the $99/month plan is a steal).
- Some tools are (as of the writing of this article) not out yet (for example GrooveBlog).
- A lot of focus on the page builder tool, but some of the other tools are subpar in comparison.
- Doesn’t (currently) integrate with WordPress, has no sitemap structure for Google Bots to crawl.
- Very cheap, simple to use.
- Based on WordPress platform, easier to rank and SEO friendly, a huge plus!
- You get every single tool, with each of the plan, regardless of plan, and are only limited by the traffic (generous limit).
- Medium quality software tool. Not very modern looking.
- You need to add your payment information to get the free trial (GrooveFunnels for example, just gives you the free tool).
- Hosting is not really free, and you’re limited to the number of custom domains you can integrate (as well as traffic).
- Page builder is a bit wacky.
GrooveFunnels Vs DropFunnels Conclusion? My Recommendation…
Alright, so that would be the end of this GrooveFunnels Vs DropFunnels review! We’ve made it!
What is my recommendation, though?
If it’s not clear, I’d go with GrooveFunnels, all the way, and I highly suggest you do so too.
An incredible page builder technology
The best free base account out there, bar none
Is overall going to be cheaper than any page builder + autoresponder combination out there, if you’re going for quality
You can get more tools, in the same platform, for a lot cheaper, IF you need them
Amongst other things…
The fact that you don’t need to use any subdomain, you don’t have to give out your credit card information to test the product out, and you get to host up to 3 custom domains and 3 tools, without paying anything…is pretty insane.
And yeah, it’s a bit of a bummer, that GrooveFunnels doesn’t integrate with WordPress (right now) but it’s something that might change in the future.😀
As a paid GrooveFunnels member myself, it’s been life-changing. Even the free option, provides you all the tools that you need to build a website, landing and sales pages, funnels and checkout AND an affiliate program on top of it.