Optimizing your Amazon listings, is absolutely crucial, for them to be able to get traffic, and sales on marketplace.
Knowing exactly what keywords to type, what amount of them to type, how long the listing title should be, what the backend keywords should be and how the description should be written, for optimal listing strength, is something that only a tool can do for you (as well as keeping up to date with the actual ranking factors).
In this article, I’ll be going over one of the first and most powerful listing optimization tools from the Helium 10 platform, the Helium 10 Scribbles tool. We’ll be going over what it does, how to use it, how much it costs, and how to get it.
What Is The Helium 10 Scribbles?
Scribbles is one of the tools offered as part of Helium 10’s All-In-One Amazon Software platform. This software has about 20 integrated tools that you can use to grow your Amazon business from scratch (one of the first ones being the Helium 10 Scribbles).
With these tools, you can take care of product research, financial analytics, keyword research, and listing optimization.
And when it comes to listing optimization tools…Scribbles the go to tool for that.
How you create your product listing, massively affects your ability to attract organic traffic and make sales, since the Amazon marketplace works on ranking algorithms and there are ranking factors involved without which it’ll be hard to rank. Essentially, there is a correct and an incorrect way of creating a product listing. The correct way will give you higher chances to rank in the searches, and the incorrect way, will make certain you are nowhere to be found.
Keywords play a major role in ensuring that customers can find you when they search for the items that you sell, although there are other things that also interfere with your rankings.
If you’re wondering how to use keywords to optimize your product listings, keep reading to find out how Scribbles can do it for you.
How Does The Helium 10 Scribbles Work?
Like we were mentioning before, Helium 10 has various tools that you can use for product listing. With that said, Scribbles is the one to look out for if you want to ensure that you use all the important words and phrases in your product listing.
This tool ensures that you don’t leave out important keywords when writing your product title, descriptions, or bullet points. With such a tool, you’ll not need to manually check keywords against your listing to see whether you’ve used them (and there is a pretty cool way of accomplishing this, but a bit more on that later).
And most importantly, you’ll not run the risk of leaving out crucial keywords from your product listing either. The tool has got you covered there too.
But Scribbles is not only a tool that you can use to check that you’ve used all the important keywords, you can also use it to:
- Adhere to the correct number of keywords in instances where you’re limited to certain characters.
- Retrieve listing drafts and import them from your Amazon account.
- Ensure that you use keywords that are relevant to the search terms that your potential customers use.
- Make sure that you’ve used the correct number of keywords when you have to work with a character limitation.
Scribbles is meant to help you optimize your product listings, with the right number and the right type of keywords (as well as other things like multiple bulletpoints, a lengthy description and a rich title), your listing has a better chance to rank on Amazon.
This tool also checks your competitors’ listing to see which keywords they’ve used too. It derives keyword recommendations for you, from those that rank for the products you’re selling. So it’s a way to already do what’s working.
Basically, Scribbles is a tool that takes all the guesswork out of your listing optimization strategy. You don’t have to worry about how to include keywords in your listing, because Scribbles shows you how to edit them for good ranking.
Some of the advantages of using Scribbles, as part of your product listing optimization strategy are:
- It saves you time when you’re adding keywords to your product title and description. This is because it provides an easy way to check which keywords you’ve not used yet, instead of doing it manually.
- Scribbles keeps you a step ahead of your competitors by recommending keywords that they are using and ranking for. This allows you to create a product list that’s better than theirs and that can rank higher.
- Makes it easy to make use of previous listings that you’d made on your Amazon account.
- It gives you super solid information on some of the things that you might never have considered before to help rank your products, like length of product description, number (yes…there is a specific optimal number) of bulletpoints, and length and richness of title.
How To Use Helium 10 Scribbles
When it comes to actually using the Helium 10 Scribbles tool, it’s pretty much like using any one of the other Helium 10 tools. It has a simple interface and is quite easy to use overall.
There are two main areas on this interface, which can be divided into the left side and the right side.
- On the right side, is where you’ll find spaces to fill in your product title, subject matter, description, search terms, and bullet points.
- The left side provides a field where you should input the keywords that you want to use for the particular product listing. You can get these keywords from either a 3rd party tool, or by using some of the Helium 10 keyword research tools like the Helium 10 Cerebro and the Helium 10 Magnet.
As you fill out your product listing on the right side, the keywords on the left side are divided into “used keywords” and “unused keywords” data fields.
With a simple glance, you can identify which keywords you’ve used and which ones you still need to add, since it automatically checks and unchecks the keywords, as you type.
Scribbles doesn’t just check the words that you should put into your listing, it also provides a phrases field.
This optimizes your listing further, since it includes popular phrases that consumers associate with the product you’re selling. With the right words and phrases included in the listing, it gets much easier for prospective customers to find your product.
Also, note that besides the keywords that you fill into the left side, Scribbles will also make suggestions of other important words based on those that you’ve already identified.
This way, you’ll not leave out any crucial words or phrases that could improve your product ranking.
To use the Helium 10 Scribbles tool, you’ll have to:
- Log into your Helium 10 account.
- Access the dashboard and select Scribbles from the list of tools .
- Choose the marketplace that you want to use. Choose USA for the Amazon.com, UK for Amazon.uk, and so on.
- Fill the left side of the page with keywords that you’ve collected (whether that be a 3rd party tool, the Helium 10 Cerbero, Black Box, Magent…or anywhere else).
- Create your product listing (title, description, bulletpoint, subject matter) on the right side with the help of the scribbles tool, as you can see from the image below.
And that is basically it!
Note that you can also import listings, check the history of previous listings you’ve created and also export the listings, as you see fit.
How Much Does The Scribbles Tool Cost?
The Scribbles tool, is part of the Helium 10 platform, and can only be used, if you’re a paying customer of the whole software.
As opposed to some of the other tools, the Helium 10 Scribbles, cannot be purchased through the a la carte pricing option as a standalone tool, and is only available within the Helium 10 Free account, for 30 days.
This means that to be able to use the Helium 10 Scribbles tool, it’ll cost you a minimum of $97/month and is included within the Helium 10 Platinum plan. Of course, you’re not only getting the Scribbles tool with that plan. You’re also getting all of the other tools included.
Alternatively, you can also try out the Scribbles tool for 30 days, using the free Helium 10 account, and see if it’s something worth getting, for the long run.
Finding the right keywords, when it comes to selling your Amazon products (or any kind of competition research that involves search engines, for that matter) is important.
With that said, using them in the correct manner to create optimized listings on one of the most visited sites on the planet, is even more crucial. Scribbles simplifies the process of optimizing your product listing by allowing you to make the best use of your chosen keywords, giving you an idea of how to do descriptions, what the title length should be like, what the backend keywords should be…and more, which saves you time, and helps you increase your product’s ranking to get the attention of shoppers and thus, more sales.
If you want to know more about this Helium 10 Scribbles, you can check out their Scribbles tool site here.
Alternatively, you can read more about the Helium 10 platform, on our complete Helium 10 review article, here. I go over all of the tools, pricing, resources and much more there.
If you’re interested in trying out the Helium 10 Scribbles tool (and a few other tools of the platform) for a limited time, I would recommend you checking out the Helium 10 Free account, here.
Also, if you’re interested in actually getting the Helium 10 tool, you can get a massive discount, by using our coupon codes here. You can get either a 50% discount on your first month of whichever plan you want, or a 10% discount on each month, of whatever plan you choose.